No matter how clean your home is, you’re still susceptible to black mould. Otherwise known as strachybotrysatra, this mold only needs humidity to germinate, and in 24 to 48 hours, you’ll find that it has stuck and is spreading fast.
It grows in moist places, and your home has no shortage of these. It can come from leaky pipes, it can come from water that wasn’t dried off completely, and it can happen if there is flooding. The problem with black mold is that it’s a health hazard. It’s associated with about a dozen different chest conditions, and it can be fatal, especially to infants. Pets shouldn’t be allowed close to it too, as the spores are so fine that they will be breathed in and go straight to the lungs.
You need to get rid of it as soon as you see it anywhere in your home, and here is how:
If you have had an occurrence of black mold once, it’s likely that you will see it again and again. You can call a professional mold remover, who works with specialized chemicals to kill off the mold for good.
Categories: Mold Removal