Black mold, or mold of any color, can be detrimental to human health, necessitating treatment. Black mold exposure treatment is important to those who have been exposed to black mold. Black mold is a term that is used to describe any of a variety of molds that are common in the home. In most instances, exposure to black mold causes very mild symptoms. This is due to the fact that a mold spore is perceived by the immune system as an allergen – and can cause all of the symptoms of allergens – from running nose to coughing to sneezing and watery eyes. Nonetheless, there are instances when toxic black mold is severe and when toxic black mold exposure treatment is needed.
Black Mold Physical Symptoms
Exposure to non-toxic black mold can cause all of the symptoms that one normally experiences with allergies. It is often the case that those folks who are exposed to non-toxic black mold assume that they have developed a sinus infection or a cold, without ever thinking that they have been exposed to black mold at all. But toxic black mold is different. This mold can affect your body systems, and it can cause damage to your nerves and cells. The longer you are exposed, the worse the damage. The black mold symptoms that can signify a problem that is beyond simple allergies to mold include:
If you notice these black mold symptoms, you should seek out the help of a medical practitioner immediately.
Black Mold Exposure Treatment: Non-Toxic Mold
If you have been exposed to black mold, the first thing that must be done it to clean it up or look into hiring a professional mold company to do it for you. Mold typically grows in the kitchen or the bathroom, but it can grow anywhere that the moisture exists for it to thrive. After the mold has been eradicated from your home, you can use regular cold and allergy medications to treat your physical symptoms. Usually, buying an over-the-counter cold remedy or even natural home remedies such as ginger and lemon are sufficient to treating any problems that arise from exposure to black mold.
Black Mold Exposure Treatment: Toxic Mold
The black mold exposure treatment that you will need if you have been exposed to toxic mold is a bit different. For starters, medical professionals will recommend that you add more potassium and calcium to your diet. This will help your body to fight the effects of the black mold. Discuss the black mold exposure treatment with your doctor. Your doctor will likely want to prescribe an inhaler or some form of breathing medicine that can help you to fight off the effects of the black mold and the damages that it might have caused.
The importance of cleaning up the black mold within your home cannot be stressed enough. Black mold treatment options nearly always involve removing any mold or mold-spore infested carpeting, wallboards, insulation or other building materials, and finding the source of the moisture that caused the black mold growth in the first place. Although this can be an expensive and tedious process, hiring a professional mold company to do the job can be a wise investment in the health and happiness of your family and the enjoyment that you have in your home.
Categories: Mold Removal