There are certain things that make a home quite inviting then there are things that make you wish you were as far away from the home as possible. Or, at the very least, they will make you want to greatly alter your approach to taking care of the home. One such “creature” that can make living in a home somewhat difficult is the presence of black mold.
Simply put, black mold is pretty downright ugly to look at. That is why it is best to clean it up as soon as humanly possible. Also, black mold is not exactly the healthiest thing to be exposed to. There have been reports over the years of respiratory problems that can develop when one does not take the proper steps to remove black mold from a household. Of course, in order to remove the mold you have to know where it is hiding. While mold can be tough to spot at times, it usually hides in a few common spots. That is why having a little knowledge of what these hiding places generally are is well worth exploring.
Black mold is the result of humidity and will often grow on bathroom walls due to the moisture present from hot showers. When toxic mold is out in the open, it is pretty difficult to miss since it comes in the form of large black splotches on the walls and ceilings. Once you do see it, it becomes best to clean it off and remove it as quickly as possible. This way, you do not find yourself becoming sick as a result of it.
Another spot where toxic mold is present will be in ceiling fan vents. Sometimes these vents are overlooked but if you see the presence of mold in any room that contains a ceiling vent, then it is best to double check the vent as well.
If the room is which black mold is appearing has wall paper it is quite possible that the mold is behind the wallpaper as well. Considering that some mold can be toxic, it may be best to tear down the wall paper and have new wallpaper installed or simply have the walls repainted. It may even be necessary to tear up the floor tiles if the presence of black mold starts to emerge from there. Some may wonder why it is necessary to go to such expense. Again, it is due to the toxic properties of toxic mold which necessitate the removal of the mold from the premises. There really is no way around this fact. When discovered, black mold has to go!
It is not as tough to get rid of black mold as some assume. That is why it is best to get a jump on cleaning the mold as soon as possible.